Items 1-40 of 344
- 60 Day Lemon - Feminised - DNA Genetics
- Afghan Express - Feminised - Positronics
- Afghan Pearl CBD Auto - Feminised - Sensi Seeds
- Amnesia Auto CBD - Feminised - Dinafem
Starting atOut of stock
- Amnesia Haze Auto - Feminised - Barney's Farm
- Amnesia XXL Autoflowering - Feminised - Dinafem
Starting atOut of stock
- Auto Acid - Feminised - Paradise Seeds
- Auto Banana Blaze - Feminised - Dutch Passion
- Auto Blackberry Kush - Feminised - Dutch Passion
- Auto Blueberry - Feminised - Dutch Passion
- Auto Bomb - Feminised - Green House
- Auto CBD-Victory - Feminised - Dutch Passion
- Auto CBG - 5PACK - Feminised - CannabiogenOut of stock
- Auto Cinderella Jack - Feminised - Dutch Passion
- Auto Daiquiri Lime - Feminised - Dutch Passion
Amsterdam Seed Center doesn’t only offer you a wide collection of regular seeds. We also offer you a wide variety of autoflower seeds.
What is autoflowering
Autoflower seeds are Indica and Sativa strains that are crossed with Ruderalis. Ruderalis originally grows in areas with extreme weather conditions, such as Russia and Siberia. This makes the strain resistant to pests, cold weather and fungi. Unlike regular cannabis seeds, autoflowering cannabis seeds grow independently of light. This means that the cannabis plant will start to flower automatically after a few weeks. The flowering process will start automatically based on a time cycle, instead of a light cycle.
The benefits of autoflowering seeds and plants
Many (still) inexperienced growers choose to grow autoflower seeds, because of their unique genetics. These have many advantages, such as:
- As mentioned earlier, autoflowering plants do not grow by light cycle. This means that you do not have to take light into account. If you grow autoflower plants indoors, you will save energy costs. You do not have to turn on your lamps during the whole flowering process.
- They will give you a good field to harvest within a relatively short time. Autoflower plants will start to flower after 2 till 4 weeks. After 7-8 weeks of blooming, it is time to harvest them.
- Autoflower plants are feminized strains most of the time. This makes it easier for growers. They do not have to recognize male plants, and they do not have to remove the male plants from the female plants.
Growing autoflower seeds
It is possible to grow autoflowering strains indoors as well as outdoors. This choice is completely up to you. You can choose which way suits your personal situation and space the best.
Growing autoflower seeds indoors
In case you grow autoflowering strains indoors, the modest size of the plant probably has your interest. Are you an (still) inexperienced grower? Then you are most safe with autoflowering plants that contain a higher level of Indica. These autoflowering strains grow a few shoots (branches), so you do not have to prune much. Autoflower plants that consist of a higher level of Sativa, do grow more shoots. Therefore, you have to prune the plants more often. This might sound easy, but actually it is not. You have to be a more experienced grower for doing this.
Sativa-rich strains are very interesting for the ScrOG method (Screen-Of-Green method). With this method, the plants are guided along a low stretched grid (made of mesh). Growers use this method to make sure that the beautiful buds will remain at a safe distance of the lamps. In addition, more buds will grow on the plants, which are also larger due to the ScrOG method. As said before, the most important benefit of autoflower cannabis seeds are the fact that they will grow indoors and outdoors as well without regarding to light. This is determined genetically. Autoflower plants will start to grow if they reach a certain age. Generally, this is within 2 till 4 weeks. This is called a ‘’timecycle’’. Although autoflowering strains do not rely on light, more buds will grow if they do get enough light. Most of the time it is possible to harvest the buds already after 10 weeks. Many growers choose to grow autoflowering plants with 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. They also often choose to grow them with 20 hours of light and 4 hours of darkness. The first option will save you more energy, because less light is needed.
Growing autoflower seeds outdoors
Besides growing indoors, it is also possible to grow autoflower seeds outdoors. Because of the high level of Ruderalis, autoflower plants will remain relatively small. This makes them less noticeable between other types of (non-cannabis) plants in your garden.
Growing autoflowering seeds is perfect for those who live in countries with colder weather and short (and relatively cold) summers. For example, in The Netherlands, Germany, The United Kingdom and Belgium. Autoflowering plants are cold weather-resistant and do not mind growing under artificial light. Compared to autoflowering strains, regular strains will experience stress during the ‘’dark periods’’ of artificial lights.
By growing outdoors, the autoflower seeds will be more exposed to diseases, fungi and pests. Fortunately, the amount of Ruderalis in the plant ensures that they are resistant to this.
Interesting to know
- The fact that autoflower seeds grow according to their own genetic timeline, does not mean that every autoflowering seeds strain grows at the exact same time. Almost each autoflowering strain could grow and flower at a different time. If you plant multiple cannabis seeds from 1 autoflowering strain, they are more likely to bloom at the same time, than if you plant different types of autoflower seeds. So before growing, first think carefully about this and make your choice.
- The flowering process also depends on the breeder. If you have seeds from a more experienced breeder (this is also called ‘’stable breeder’’), then it is more likely that they will grow at the same time than if you got your cannabis seeds from a more inexperienced (‘’unstable’’) breeder. At Amsterdam Seed Center, we only sell high-quality seeds. It is 99,8% guaranteed that they will grow cannabis plants. In general, an autoflower plant will grow around 2 to 4 weeks. After that, it will flower for around 6 to 8 weeks.
Autoflower cannabis seeds at Amsterdam Seed Center
Amsterdam Seed Center has got her focus on the best seeds that the cannabis market offers you. Our seeds are always fresh and kept refrigerated. This allows us to offer you not just autoflower seeds, but the best and most high-quality seeds. Amsterdam Seed Center sells seeds from well-known brands (including Barneys Farm, Dutch Passion, Greenhouse Seeds, Paradise Seeds, Dinafem and Royal Queen Seeds), but also seeds from smaller and (still) more unknown seedbanks. Our range consists of more than 1500 different types of cannabis seeds. So, there will always be a strain that suits your needs. Would you like to receive personal advice? Visit our physical store in Amsterdam! All your questions about autoflower seeds will be answered. Do you not live in The Netherlands and did you not book a trip to this amazing country? You can also contact us by e-mail or phone.
Our top 5 most popular autoflowering strains
Our autoflowering strains are extremely popular. We offer a huge range of strains and can imagine that it is hard for you to decide which one(s) to choose. To make it easier for you, we made a top 5 of our most popular autoflowering strains:
- Auto Jack – Paradise Seeds
- Super Lemon Haze – Green House Seeds
- Auto Amnesia XXL – Dinafem
- Gorilla Zkittlez Auto – Barneys Farm
- Auto Banana Blaze – Dutch Passion
For the best autoflower seeds, you place an order at Amsterdam Seed Center!